Saturday, October 8, 2011

Truth

There is a truth inside us that simply IS. We can like it, we can hate it, but it's there. It's part of us and ignoring it will not make it go away, just as acknowledging it does not change who we are.

To be comfortable in our own skins, we need to accept these truths.

"Truth not won is not possessed. We are not entitled to truths for which we have not fought."
Page 7 - Marauders of Gor, p.7

"In denying it we deny our nature. In betraying it we betray no one but ourselves. The master will never be happy until he is a master. The slave will never be happy until she is a slave. It is what we are."
Page 159 - Explorers of Gor

"Is it not safer to cower in the caves of lies than to stand upon the cliffs of truth, surveying the world? Yet when one stands in the sunlight, and feels the winds of reality, how dank and shameful seem the dark shelters of falsehood, and how foolish it seems then to have once feared daylight and fresh air."
Page 103 - Fighting Slave of Gor

"But, why," I asked myself. "Should not, rather, one be more ashamed by deceit than the truth? Can there truly be a greater honor in hypocrisy than in honor? It does not seem so. We grow fond of our myths. Yet our myths are like walls of straw. Ultimately they must perish in the flames of truth."
Page 257 - Guardsman of Gor

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a great cook, but you'll probably fall in love with me the day I set the stove on fire with my creme brulee. I can argue a case as well as a lawyer, but you'll fall in love with me because of the silly faces I make

Blog Archive