Saturday, October 8, 2011

Need to know basis

Tonight, someone asked me a question. My response was short and I gave little to no information.

When my owner arrived, they sought to get the information from him, that which they could not get from me.

I do not  believe I owe people explanations of my restrictions. I do not feel obligated to answer and divulge information when it is not necessary to do so. It should be enough for them, that I am simply not allowed or permitted to do something or be around someone.

Knowledge is power.

Without it, one can not speak about what they do not know. Without knowing one can not spread rumors and make them seem truthful when one has no information to begin building their lies upon.

I am often suspicious of people who wish to have information they have no business asking about.

It makes me analyze their intentions.

The truth of the matter is simple,

You are on a need to know basis, and you don't need to know.



My father and I are watching the tv mini series Shogun. It is strangely uncanny how similar many Gorean protocols and customs are much like Japanese ones.

I think this excerpt is appropriate for this entry.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a great cook, but you'll probably fall in love with me the day I set the stove on fire with my creme brulee. I can argue a case as well as a lawyer, but you'll fall in love with me because of the silly faces I make

Blog Archive