Monday, October 3, 2011

Negative thinking limits your personal potential

I have learned that our greatest failing is not to take action, not to sing our song. I admit that living expansively and exuberantly isn't always easy.

Sorrow and pain make us want to contract and withdraw, not expand and excel. We live well only when we embrace this paradox -- the very fragility, pathos, and unpredictability of life make every moment precious.

My aim is to persuade, push, and compel you to live every minute fully and consciously. We never know how many chances we'll have to "get it right."

Life is finite. If I am driven in my mission, it's because of my own agony in dealing with loss.

What I have learned is that pain, suffering, emptiness, and loneliness are an important part of the human experience. Everyone -- rich or poor, weak or powerful -- endures these emotions.

We are here on earth to learn, to laugh, to cry, to feel love and pain, to be. Most important, we are here to live and make a difference.

Part of getting it right is getting it wrong.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a great cook, but you'll probably fall in love with me the day I set the stove on fire with my creme brulee. I can argue a case as well as a lawyer, but you'll fall in love with me because of the silly faces I make

Blog Archive