Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Matters of the Heart



If matters of the heart were physical, we would all expire the first time our hearts were broken. Yet, the heart of us, that emotional, spiritual, intangible center at the core of our being is it any less real than the one that beats in our chest.

One tends to the needs of the body, the other to needs of the spirit. Both need nurturing, like the body that's been neglected, spirit doesn't function well if it isn't nourished.

It isn't going to jump up and burst into song of its own accord. You have to give it a chance to sing. It isn't going to roll up its sleeves and work the soil of your soul all by itself. You have to give it a reason 2 labor. It isn't going to bring peace. solace and understanding on a silver platter.

You have to give it a reason to serve.

All things that flow from the heart, reflect the state of the heart, and you are responsible for its upkeep and like an egg resting in a birds nest, you have to nurture it so it can become healthy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My photo
I'm a great cook, but you'll probably fall in love with me the day I set the stove on fire with my creme brulee. I can argue a case as well as a lawyer, but you'll fall in love with me because of the silly faces I make